If you suffer an injury at your place of employment, there’s always a chance it could result in your filing a workers’ compensation claim.
While you have the power to do so on your own, it’s typically best to consult with an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer.
Here are some of the many reasons to seek legal assistance:
- Answers to all your questions: Not only does a workers’ compensation lawyer know the law inside and out, but they can also explain how it pertains to your situation. This allows you to focus on your recovery, as opposed to trying to learn more about something you don’t understand.
- They will protect your legal rights: For example, if you receive a denial letter, you may not know the first thing about the appeals process. However, your workers’ compensation lawyer will know exactly what to do.
- Get the money you deserve: You want to receive every last dollar you deserve, for as long as possible. When you work through a claim on your own, it’s more likely that you’ll miss out on money that’s due to you.
- It shows that you’re serious: When a workers’ compensation lawyer handles the claim on your behalf, it shows your employer and their insurance company that you’re serious about getting the benefits you’re owed.
- Less stress: There’s no shortage of complications that can arise from a workplace injury. For instance, you’re concerned about making a full recovery. You’re also concerned about how you’ll stay current with your bills if you’re unable to work. There’s no way to completely eliminate your stress, but consulting with an experienced lawyer will take some of this off your plate.
Even if it appears that your workers’ compensation claim is straightforward, you may soon find that this isn’t true. You may also find that your employer is trying to bully you.
When you hire a workers’ compensation lawyer, you don’t have to concern yourself with any of this. Your legal team will manage the entire process from start to finish, all while doing whatever it takes to protect your legal rights as an injured worker.