Skilled Help With Workers’ Compensation Claims
A serious, work-related injury or disability affects your life tremendously. Your ability to support yourself has a huge impact on your finances, your family and your future. However, workers’ compensation benefits can partially replace your lost wages and pay for the medical treatment you need.
For experienced help with workers’ compensation claims in Shasta County and the surrounding areas of California, turn to Leep, Tescher, Helfman and Zanze. The Redding-based team includes board-certified workers’ compensation attorney Ben Helfman and a variety of experienced staff members who work exclusively on workers’ compensation cases. The firm will take your situation seriously and champion your legal rights.
Dedicated Assistance With A Wide Array Of Concerns
California state law requires all employers to either carry workers’ compensation insurance or be self-insured. Workers’ compensation benefits are intended to help you get through this difficult time. Mr. Helfman can assist you with all types of workers’ compensation concerns, including those related to:
- Permanent and temporary disability benefits: He aims to recover all medical expenses related to your workplace injury or illness. These include the cost of hospital stays, surgeries, in-home nursing, prescription drugs, mileage reimbursement and more. Benefits also include checks to help cover your lost wages.
- Medical evaluations: Before you can be approved for benefits, you must be examined by a qualified medical evaluator (QME). Such QMEs are certified by the Division of Workers’ Compensation and may include physicians, dentists, chiropractors, optometrists, neurologists, orthopedic surgeons and more. However, what you need to know is that the medical specialty you choose can have a profound impact on your claim. Mr. Helfman provides detailed guidance.
- Supplemental job displacement benefits: If you are no longer able to continue your current job because of your injury, you can seek benefits to help you retrain for a different job. This may include reasonable vouchers for skills training or classes. Mr. Helfman can help you prove the necessity of these benefits if you need a new job.
- Denied claims: A lawyer can educate you about utilization reviews and independent medical reviews, which come into play when an insurance company denies your workers’ compensation claim. Mr. Helfman is also skilled at appealing such denied claims and pursuing justice.
Get your questions answered about workers’ compensation law in California. The firm can explain how to choose the right attorney, what to do if you’re fired for filing a claim, why it’s worthwhile to retain a lawyer and much more.
Handling All Types Of Physical And Mental Injuries
At Leep, Tescher, Helfman and Zanze, an exclusive focus on workers’ compensation has allowed the firm to work with clients who have suffered a wide variety of injuries. Common workplace injuries and illnesses include:
- Back and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and brain injuries
- Knee, shoulder and other joint injuries
- Severe burns
- Broken bones or fractures
- Hearing loss
- Vision loss
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Chronic pain
- Cancer and other occupational diseases
Experienced legal assistance could be the key to a successful claim. No matter what type of workplace injury or illness you have experienced, the team will work with you to get the support you need.
Reach Out To An Experienced Legal Team
No matter your injury or illness, Leep, Tescher, Helfman and Zanze stands ready to help you pursue the benefits needed for your medical treatment, out-of-pocket expenses, lost wages and more. Set up a free consultation today by calling the Redding office at 530-710-8522 or by contacting the firm online.
Spanish-speaking clients are welcome. Se habla español.