What To Look For In A Workers’ Comp Attorney
So you were injured on the job and you know you need a workers’ compensation lawyer to help you get the benefits you deserve. But how do you select the right attorney? What should you look for when making such an important choice? At Leep, Tescher, Helfman and Zanze in Redding, California, we believe that most injured workers are best served by choosing someone who is:
- Certified as a specialist in workers’ compensation – To achieve this certification, a lawyer must pass a rigorous examination, demonstrate a high level of experience, complete at least 45 hours of continuing education and be rated favorably by his or her peers. Attorney Ben Helfman is board certified.
- Highly experienced – A lawyer can’t learn everything in law school. It takes hands-on experience to become successful. At Leep, Tescher, Helfman and Zanze, we have over 20 years of experience in assisting injured workers after a workplace accident.
- Up to date on the law – Workers’ compensation regulations are always changing, so it’s critical to choose a lawyer who keeps abreast of the changes. Our lawyer attends nearly every educational seminar offered by the California Applicants’ Attorneys Association (CAAA), read about new case law and pay attention to pending legislation. In fact, Ben Helfman is president of the Shasta Chapter of the CAAA and regularly speaks at their statewide meetings.
- Exclusively focused on injured workers – If you have a workers’ comp claim, it makes sense to pick an attorney who limits his or her practice to this particular area of law. You don’t want someone who spends the majority of his or her time on family law cases, criminal law cases or other matters. In addition to focusing exclusively on workers’ compensation, we advocate in the political arena as well, striving to convince the state legislature to do what’s best for injured workers.
- Accessible and responsive – Other qualifications don’t mean much if you can’t get ahold of your lawyer. We make client communication a priority at our law firm. You can count on receiving personal, responsive service.
Call our Redding office at 530-710-8522 or contact us online to learn more about our law firm and services. The initial consultation is free.
Se habla español.